Must One Be Baptized to Be Saved?
Must One Be Baptized To Be Saved?
“Must” expresses compulsion, obligation, or certainty. The Bible clearly teaches that one must be baptized to be saved.
1. The Jews On Pentecost Were Baptized To Be Saved: When they asked, “What shall we do?” (Acts 2:37), they were told, “Repent, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ...” (Acts 2:38). Those who gladly received his word were baptized (Acts 2:41).
2. The People Of Samaria Were Baptized To Be Saved: When Philip went down to Samaria, he preached Christ (Acts 8:5), and “both men and women were baptized” (Acts 8:12).
3. The Man Of Ethiopia Was Baptized To Be Saved: Philip preached Jesus to the man of Ethiopia (Acts 8:35). Upon the man’s confession of faith in Christ (Acts 8:37), “both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and he baptized him” (Acts 8:38).
4. Saul of Tarsus Was Baptized To Be Saved: Saul was instructed, by Jesus, to go into Damascus where he would be told what he “must do” (Acts 9:6). Ananias told Saul, “arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord” (Acts 22:16).Acts 9:18 shows that Saul arose and was baptized.
5. Cornelius And His Household Were Baptized To Be Saved: This devout man, along with his house, upon hearing the Word of God, were commanded “to be baptized in the name of the Lord” (Acts 10:48).
6. Lydia And Her Household Were Baptized To Be Saved: Lydia and her household heard the Word of the Lord spoken by Paul and were baptized (Acts 16:14,15).
7. The Philippian Jailer and His Household Were Baptized To Be Saved: He asked Paul and Silas, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” (Acts 16:30). He believed (Acts 16:;31, was penitent (Acts 16:33) and was baptized (Acts 16:33).
8. The Corinthians Were Baptized To Be Saved: Acts 18:8 says, “many of the Corinthians, hearing, believed, and were baptized.”
9. The Ephesians Were Baptized To Be Saved: When those of Ephesus heard God’s Word, “they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus” (Acts 19:5).
Have you been baptized to be saved? - Johnie Paul Edwards